I have finally figured out how to make a simple "grab button" for my blog!
& I'd love to help you make one too...
- Grab an image that you want to use for your blog button (Or grab a blank image that you have saved).
- Head on over to Photobucket.com - & Create an account if you don't already have one--It's quick and easy! (that's what she said)
- Upload your image and then go to "Edit" (which should appear if you hover over the image), then click on "Adjustment"- here you will "Resize" your image to 130x130 or 150x150. --Easy right?!
- Once you have resized your image, feel free to play around with text, borders, stickers, etc. (All of which is still under the "Edit" option)
- SAVE YOUR IMAGE AS A COPY! (Just in case you want to start over using the original)
- Click on your beautiful piece of art-- & scroll down to where you see the "Links" listed on the side. COPY the "Direct Link" and paste this in a BLANK word document. (you'll need it in a moment!)
- In your word document, give yourself some space & copy/paste the following codes:
[div align="center"][a href="YOUR BLOG URL GOES HERE" target="_blank"][img src="YOUR IMAGE URL GOES HERE"][/a][/div]
8. Replace YOUR BLOG URL GOES HERE and YOUR IMAGE URL GOES HERE - with your blog url, and the "Direct Link" that you copied.
9. Change ALL of the brackets "[" to carrots ">" (not sure of their technical names)...or in other words all of the [ to < and all of the ] to >.
To ensure that the code that appears under your button works, test it out >> Click Here
You have just created a fabulous button!
That wasn't so bad was it?